Monday, April 5, 2010

U of L class of 2013 breaks the ice

It's hard to believe that in a few short weeks we will be "rising" 2Ls at Louisville Law. I was reminded of this at lunch today when I filled out a course registration card for next fall. And I was reminded again a moment ago when I ran across this "icebreaker" discussion thread on Facebook for the entering Class of 2013. It honestly seems like just a few weeks ago that I was poking around on a similar icebreaker thread for our own class. It appears that next year's 1Ls have many of the same diverse stories and backgrounds that have made our classes interesting this year. Here are a few of their introductory posts:


  • I am 28. I am from Nimes, a beautiful city from the south of France. I arrived in the USA almost 4 years ago to be with my husband (who is from Panama, Latin America). I graduated from a French law school a few years ago. 
  • I am a 40-year-old single mom who should have gone to law school 18 years ago. I am so thrilled to finally be pursuing my dream. My boys, ages 12 and 6, are so proud of me. I live in Floyds Knobs, Indiana. I obtained my B.A. in History (with a minor in Political Science) from IU in Bloomington. I can't wait to get started at UofL Brandeis!
  • I'm 26, from Dayton, Ohio, and I graduated from Miami University in 2008. I majored in Psychology and minored in Political Science. I have been working for a custom home builder since graduating doing just about everything involved in building houses. I am really looking forward to returning to school and hanging up the tool belt.
  • I am 22 years old and currently living in Birmingham, AL, but I am originally from the small country of Costa Rica. I am graduating with a B.A. in Foreign Language with a double major in Philosophy from the University of Alabama at Birmingham. I must admit I have little knowledge of Louisville, and the Cardinals for that matter, but I am excited to get to know you guys and the city for the next three years!
  • I'm 31, from North Carolina, and currently living in Seoul, South Korea. I graduated from UNC-Chapel Hill in 2000 with a BA in poli sci, and i spent quite a few years in the rat race in Washington DC. i gave it all up to come to Korea and teach English as a Second Language to kids here 4 years ago and have loved living abroad.

No comments:

Post a Comment