Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Final exams just around the corner at U of L

My fourth round of final exams in law school is just around the corner. On Saturday, I'll be an attorney in a three--hour mock trial that is worth half of the grade for my Trial Practice class. A few days later, I'll sit for a four-hour monster exam about wills and trusts. Then it's on to Con Law (see my weird Con Law video) and Basic Income Tax (see my weird tax video). I'm not sure if my experience with three previous semesters of exams makes the process more comfortable or more anxious. On one hand, I know what's coming. On the other hand, I know what's coming.

There are few in-class exercises or volunteer participation points to pad my grade heading into finals. A student's performance on final exams is pretty much their performance in the entire course. Some people do really well on final exams. Others, despite being hard working and intelligent, are more likely to struggle. But there's not much you can do about it. Final exams are part of the process of law school. I take solace in the idea that after each batch of finals, I have cleared another hurdle on the way to graduation. In a few weeks, barring some major disaster, I will be a rising 3L. Good luck to everyone on their exams this spring. If you need a break and like weird English humor, check out the Mr. Bean video above.

No comments:

Post a Comment